Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Springfest 2013

Ack! I missed my once a week blogging quota. I was busy with many many things and for a week I wasn't home due to work. My work schedule is super weird. I guess that's what happens with freelancing. Also I have been sick since after SpringFest.

This entry will probably be a rehash of my deviantArt one (just more detailed with pictures).

Springfest! What is Springfest? It's a college run anime convention. It's rather small compared to comic con or as school cons go. Initially it was a one day convention, but this year it was 2 days.
The traffic this year was around a thousand people per day. It's become more popular over the years actually, but it was my first time there.

The dealer's room or artist alley was in a small room. I thought it would have been in the gymnasium, but there was volley ball practice going on. I'm familiar with this college since I graduated from it. The dealer's room was where large classes took finals and midterms. The table was a lot smaller than I expected. Normally it's around 6 feet and I bought enough pvc pipes for a 6ft table. Luckily it still worked out.
The tables were also wooden and scratched up. We had to run out and get a table cloth since it was very unappealing.

My table.
There were a handful other artists and dealers selling anime merchandise. The artists were mostly near the doorway. I sat across from one of the dealers. They had so many things *^* Another artist was next to me. We barely spoke to each other. He was more of an American comic hero artist. Behind me were 2 more tables and then along the wall was about 5 or 6. Near the doorway were another 2 tables. I barely left my seat to see the rest of the con though.


I had about 4 new prints (Godoka, Homestuck, Mirai Chan, Pokemon XY Starters) since comic con in October, wonder nyan stickers, 2 new vocaloid keychains (cul and aoki lapis), buttons and rings.
The rings were experimental. I had a lot of cabochons and I wasn't sure what to do with them.
I also bought a button maker last year so I put it to use!

I met some really really nice artists which I am super happy about. I even friend-ed her on facebook haha. I admire her life style very much. I would also like to just go to conventions every weekend to sell art and meet other artists.

Charlotte and Peron!
Chopper
I didn't get to take many pics.  Here's 2 I found on my phone! I was suprised to see a human form Charlotte. Next to her is Peron from One Piece. The other is Chopper!

Next up ANIMENEXT!
Next entry will be a guide/review on Eggling!

No comments:

Post a Comment